All change! It’s that time of year when employment laws get changed so be prepared for the following from the start of April.
Regulation changes take effect from 5 April and financial changes take effect from 6 April – just to keep things a little confused!:
1. Shared Parental Leave takes full effect – parents of babies born or children adopted after today will be able to take advantage of the new flexible parental leave scheme
2. Adoption leave and pay is made equitable to maternity rights
3. Unpaid parental leave is extended so that it can be taken anytime up to your child’s 18th birthday
4. Employers NI will no longer be due in relation to employees under the age of 21
5. The limits on unfair dismissal basic and compensatory awards at tribunal increases and the statutory limit on a week’s pay for the purposes of calculating redundancy payments and basic awards for unfair dismissal rises to £475 per week
6. Statutory Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Pay rises to £139.58 per week
7. Statutory Sick Pay rises to £88.45 per week
If you subscribe, you’ll be receiving a newsletter with more details on some of these.
If you are retained HR Support client we’ll be updating policies and handbooks for you this week. If you aren’t a retained HR Support client but you’d like new policies or want existing ones updated get in touch to enquries@vivoHR.co.uk today.