HR and people development (training) are inexorably linked. Skilled, knowledgeable and motivated employees mean a profitable business and fewer performance issues.
We know you’ve heard it before and it may sound like a cliché but staff really are your business’ most important asset. Invest in them and much of the rest will (pretty much) take care of itself.
Learning and development is central to the vivoHR service. Our team has coaching qualifications and held training roles in previous organisations.
As well as trainers we are also facilitators, enabling leadership teams to discuss strategic issues that lead to a practical list of outcomes to take forward.
What makes vivoHR a good choice to train your staff?
- We take time to understand the mission and values in a business, the objective of the training and then deliver the course competently and in line with your business culture
- We have training and coaching qualifications and experience of training within a corporate environment
- We love helping people develop and relate well to people in the training room
- We ensure delegates understand how to transfer what they learn into practice in their job
What we do
- Mentoring high performing individuals
- Facilitating board-level away days
We deliver training to people in your business to improve their ability to:
- Recruit great candidates
- Conduct meaningful appraisals
- Manage conflict and problem situations
- Understand important laws in topics like discrimination
- Be a good manager
- Improve skills in communication and presentation
- Understand their role and its affect/importance to the business as a whole
Customer service training
- Principles of good customer service
- Complaints handling
We work with trusted partner trainers to deliver:
- Health and safety
- Control of hazardous substances
- Food hygiene and handling (HACCP)
Examples of our training experience
Sector: Renewable energy
Mentoring the senior team at a series of strategic away days. Discussions about the company’s mission and values. Having crystalized these, providing follow on training to the rest of the business to embed the agreed values, to trickle these down in the organisation and develop the management team skills to implement them.
Sector: Social care
Helping to understand the clarity of purpose of the business. Then to define the critical senior roles in the business and who the right people were to fulfil them. Working with the managers to engender a collaborative team culture and improve cross-function communication.
Sector: Public sector, housing.
Following a TUPE transfer, we ran a series of sessions to help new staff understand the ‘customer journey’ and how in the new business, customers were related to in a different way to what they were used to.
Sector: International travel
Delivering courses on induction, health and safety, food hygiene and people management for the entire on-board services team. Including design and update of all course notes. Responsible for the smooth transition of new recruits from the training room to the on-board environment via a successful ‘buddy’ scheme. Managing cultural differences and being aware of the need for flexible working practice to accommodate those.
Devising an appraisal scheme to work within a ‘time poor’ catering company. Using a modified simplified process where the appraisal was not annual but much shorter monthly 1-2-1 ‘check-ins. Developing management skills to run effective appraisal meetings, report on outcomes and deliver required follow up actions.
Sector: Property Management
Working with managers across the business to develop skills in key management functions including recruitment, appraisals, absence management and dealing with disciplinary and grievance matters.
For any queries about training, coaching, mentoring and courses, please complete the form below.