Disciplinary and Grievance Procedure
Managing a disciplinary procedure and grievance is a challenging area, especially for employers with smaller teams where everyone knows each other well. Handling disciplinary and grievance matters is time-consuming, can be mentally and emotionally tiring and there is still the effective running of the business to be done.
A grievance is any concern or complaint that a member of staff raises with you. A grievance will be personal to the person raising it, and so may relate to anything or anyone in the business. It is important to have a written grievance procedure and it needs to cover that:
- Grievances raised must be in writing;
- The employer will carry out a thorough investigation relating to the grievance;
- A meeting will be held to discuss the grievance and suggestions for its resolution;
- The employee raising the grievance has the right to be accompanied to the grievance meeting; and
- An employee has the right to appeal the outcome if they are not satisfied.
Disciplinary and Grievance Package
vivoHR supports its clients with a comprehensive Disciplinary and Grievance package which it includes:
- A Disciplinary and Grievance Policy together with guidance notes
- Disciplinary and Grievance Process steps flow chart
- Template letters for each stage of the process – with guidance notes for completion
- Investigation report template
- Disciplinary meeting minute taking template
- Guidance notes for running meetings.
Find out more about vivoHR support services:-
Please select the service you are interested in from the list below.
Speak to an expert
Speak to a trade expert. One of the vivoHR team, either Sam, Clair or Rachel are here to take your call on 01252 757359.