HR Support for Trade Businesses
10 HR situations that might indicate the need for some outside help.
Running a business is hard work. Growing a business is arguably harder. We’ve put together ten situations that we’ve seen over the years that might indicate it’s time to get some outside HR help on board.
- The costs in the business are going up and the quality of service is going down. You’ve got some staff issues, but don’t know how to fix them.
- Absence levels in the business are having a really negative impact on giving the service needed to keep customers happy.
- The Office Manager is getting stressed – every day there’s people-related problems to sort out, and the paperwork side of things is falling further and further behind.
- A serious incident involving an employee travelling to site / on site has just come to light, despite it happening several months ago.
- You’re hiring staff again that weren’t actually that fantastic first time around.
- It’s six months since the GDPR kicked in and you have yet to sort out the HR records properly, even though it’s been a ‘To Do’ list for ages.
- The banter seems to have gone out of the business as sorting out people problems has taken the fun away from working.
- You’ve a hunch that one of the lads is calling in sick just so he can do some private work, but you can’t prove it.
- You’ve got a team of people out in the field who you never see and aren’t being managed.
- You’ve had to have a chat with one of the team about some attitude problems. Actually, he’s a good worker really, who you enjoy a drink with now and then, and if someone else could have had that ‘quiet word’ with him instead that would have been a better way to deal with it.
More about vivoHR support for trade businesses:-
We have pulled together lots of useful information for Office Managers and Owners of trade businesses.
Speak to an expert
Speak to a trade expert. One of the vivoHR team, either Sam, Clair or Rachel are here to take your call on 01252 757359.