As ever at this time of year we report the increase in statutory payments that take effect on 6 April
1. Statutory Sick Pay (SPP) rises from £86.70 to £87.55
2. Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP), and Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP) rises from £136.78 to £138.18
3. The weekly earnings threshold (lower earnings limit) to be eligible for SMP, SPP or SAP rises to £111
In addition this year, limits that would usually have been increased in February have been delayed until 6 April:
4. Maximum compensatory award for unfair dismissal rises to £76,574
5. The limit on a week’s pay rises to £464
Employers should also be aware that they can no longer claim back SSP if they were previously able to do so as the Percentage Threshold Scheme has been abolished.