5 employment law changes that come into force tomorrow – more details can be found in this Personnel Today article
But in summary:
1. Compromise Agreements are renamed Settlement Agreements
2. Pre-termination negotiations held with a view to reaching a settlement agreement, even where there has been no formal dispute, will be inadmissible in unfair dismissal claims
3. Employment Tribunal Fees will start to be charged
4. New Employment Tribunal Rules come into force that should reduce the number of weak cases getting to a hearing
5. The cap on compensatory awards begins – this being a year’s pay for unfair dismissal claims
These moves appear to favour the employer which is not something we often get the chance to say!